Friday, December 19, 2008

Addictions-- To That Which We All Have...



This song reminds me of the past, and is my conscious to make sure I do not head down that road again. For those who stuck by me through my 'rock n' roll' days. I wonder, truly I wonder what would have happened if ‘Mary Jane’ had won that lifestyle, I honestly think I would not be here today, but she will always be a part of who I am , and who I will continue to become.


I did it all in such a short time. I have been homeless, I was a drug addict, an alcoholic, I have been abused (on multiple levels), and yet... life is still not what I would have wanted it to be, but I think I can at least cope enough to see some sort of future, whichever that may be.


So, let us all take a moment to acknowledge those addictions we may have, those we continually fight to overcome, and those we will beat.

No comments: