Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ode to the Sexy Badgers

I am embracing my inner nerd today. No, not the trendy slacker video/computer game kind, but actually studying something and then putting it to use it what hopefully will be the near future. Graduate school is (or more recently has been) calling my name, and what do I want my sacrificial lamb to entail? I am looking to write about the social and political significance of clans in the Scottish Highlands (me thinks during the 13th-14th century, but I have not settled on a period yet). Obviously, this has not been finalized yet, but seeing as I am majoring in kinship-based societies, and being a sucker for the men of the kilts (no they are not dresses, you judgemental pricks), this only stands to reason on the way to go. I shall keep .. Well myself ...posted (because really, yes, you, if you are reading this, please you will find no joy or enlightenment here. Go!, go outside, go read a book, go tell someone whom you have not told in a while, you love them... just GO! )

Okay, so I can tell you are a stubborn lot and are not leaving, fine, just say I did not warn you...

Okay we all are intrigued by the sheer awesomeness (or stupidity) of the human sub-conscious at one time or another, but last night during a dream, I awoke to wonder, as any with a sense of profound speech would say: ‘What the fuck was that?’

It probably due to the fact I had been watching some Craig Ferguson stuff*, and so upon falling asleep I guess my mind was still watching it. So, come with me and enter my dream world of what the fuck? It starts, I am running, running in forest of Japanese cherry trees, and like someone out of the hells of Narnia, I step into a tree and am in the Scottish Highlands (or at least what I think it was because I have never been there). Craig is standing on a hill, punk kilt style, not playing the pipes but the electric fiddle. What the fuck, is this Ashley MacIssac ( which is weirder because now that I think about it, there was no amp around). After he plays, I ask him the name of the tune, and he told me it was Ode to the sexy Badgers (again, what the fuck?) He then says the answer is in the trees. I head back to the forest. Do not ask me how, because it felt like star trek beam me up type shit. Anyway, I am walking again through a veil of pinkness, and come across an all white, faintish golden hue tree. Even in my dreams, no, shit this must be the tree. I touch it and it opened up to have a book inside. Opening the book seems like a logical thing to do, and upon opening it, I wake up. Yep, denied my answer. Hmmm I get the Scottish thing... maybe I should take a break from watching ‘The Big Tease’ and such. Nevertheless, hmmm I want my tree answers damn it. I will not be denied , Craig of the sub-conscious!

Anyway I am looking to the land of Nod and oh indeed, there is more of the nerdiness to come, so much so, I bathe in it. I am all wrinkly now, I think it is time to get out.

*he makes me grin like an idiot and giggle like a school girl, yeah dead sexy I know!

No comments: