Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Letter #2

These are fictional letters people. I do not make money, obviously, and unless you have lived under a rock, all rights belong to J.K and partners.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mordrid returned empty handed and thus I am presuming you have been terribly busy with life and all that it entails. Remus would tell you to sit back with a steaming cup of hot cocoa and forget it all. I think I am for the fire whiskey myself, but Remus seems to find comfort in the more innocent fractions.

Therefore, since I last wrote, indeed Dumbledore called a staff meeting, and it was needless to say, interesting. The other professors are a very eccentric bunch, but then being from the muggle world (which I have not told them, but I am sure they will figure it out eventually), I would expect nothing less.

Because I gave you my schedule last letter, I finally had the chance to meet those I would be working with for the upcoming year.

Prof. Bathsheba Babbling teaches Ancient Runes, and yes, her name describes her perfectly. She seems like she would be a riot at parties, but I think I must be careful what I say around her as well.


A very stoic woman, Prof. Minerva McGonagall, teaches Transfiguration. She gives the impression of a very maternal grandmother. She is also head of the Gryffindor House... very stoic indeed.


Oh, what a delightful man the Charms professor can be. Prof. Filius Flitwick, do not let his size fool you. He is a wizard duelling champion. Reminds me of “the old back in ‘Nam” story kind of person. He is also head of Ravenclaw House, and although I made the decision of not belonging to any particular house, I think he is trying to convince me to pick otherwise.

Professor Pomona Sprout teaches herbology, and is head of Hufflepuff. True to the Hufflepuff spirit, seems like a very loving, stay-true-to-you, individual. I think by my assisting in her class will also help with potions as well.

Obviously, I told you about Remus, and I will be assisting him in his DADA class. I am wondering about his extra-curricular life though. He missed our meeting last week and his excuse was that he must be hanging out with me too much and that it was his time of month. He is such a kidder.

I leave the last class only because I think it will take some time to explain this man without screaming my head off. The Potions professor... one, Severus Snape. He is head of Slytherin House. I can tell him and I will have many arguments to come. It almost felt like he was attempting to burrow into my mind, I took great offense to this (seeing, as I did not give him permission to do so) for some reason he was angered by my offense, and stormed off. Remus told me not to take most of what Severus does personally, but pities me for it is going to be difficult. Oh goody. Me thinks I will attempt a good will offering tomorrow and see if I can start fresh with him. Something tells me, it is going to be a long year.

Next week I begin training with the professors to which I will be assisting, which also gives them a chance to relax as well for school is just around the corner. I hope I will be as much help as Dumbledore thinks I can be.

Speaking of Dumbledore, maybe through your letter you can send some delicious lemon drops (the man loves his sweets, and warm socks (don’t ask, I know I didn’t)

Cheers,

Sappheire
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To make this easier, I am now posting all letters in "letters from hogwarts" blog (labelled on the right under: Legilimency and Occlumency

No comments: